To: STMFC@...
From: srrfan1401@...
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:26:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [STMFC] CofG PS-2 2-Bay Covered Hoppers (Revisited)

John, I have some I took in 1983 on a visit to Saluda NC.  I'll send them off line.
fenton wells

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM, John Evans <jtevans53@...> wrote:

John,

Have you tried the Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery?  freight.railfan.ca

They have builders photos of CofG 970, 1000, and 1475.

Hope this helps.

John Evans
Easton, PA

On Saturday, December 14, 2013 8:20 AM, "Scaler164@..." <Scaler164@...> wrote:

Looking for a few good reference photos to use for modeling some CofG PS2 2-Bay Covered Hoppers from the following series :

     CG 960-999 (blt 1960, Pullman)
     CG 1000-1199 (blt 195760, Pullman)
     CG 1475-1499 (blt 1956, Pullman)

I have found that the S-Helper Service (S scale) model of this car appears to be an out-of-box EXACT (or darn near so) representation of these cars (based on the only 4 photos I have), so it looks like a quick and easy job with near perfect results.  I already have decals for them, so I'm good and ready to go.

Click the link below for an image of the model :

Would like to know what other roads (especially southeastern roads) had these cars in the same configuration as this CofG car (round hatches, etc)...?

Who says S scale has nothing to offer?!?   >wink<

John Degnan
Scaler164@...

--
Fenton Wells