Re: CofG PS-2 2-Bay Covered Hoppers (Revisited)

hubert mask

Sure if I can read all the data off the photo. You know I like to get as much as 95 percent of the data detail correct or preferably 100. Thanks. Hubert

On Dec 15, 2013, at 10:14 AM, "O Fenton Wells" <srrfan1401@gmail.com> wrote:

Hubert I would be glad to but I would like to have you do the 1954 cu ft
decals as well. I'll send those photos and lettering diagrams in a
separate email. Will you do the C of G in the original lettering? Some of
us are OLD and model the 1950's.
Here you go;

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Hubert Mask <maskisland@hotmail.com> wrote:

Fenton, would you mind sending me those photos also. I have a decal set
of the CofG 1000. 1970 rebuild.
Looking for additional information for other series of the cars.

Hubert Mask

------------------------------
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
From: srrfan1401@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:26:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [STMFC] CofG PS-2 2-Bay Covered Hoppers (Revisited)

John, I have some I took in 1983 on a visit to Saluda NC. I'll send them
off line.
fenton wells

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM, John Evans <jtevans53@verizon.net>wrote:

John,

Have you tried the Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery? freight.railfan.ca

They have builders photos of CofG 970, 1000, and 1475.

Hope this helps.

John Evans
Easton, PA

On Saturday, December 14, 2013 8:20 AM, "Scaler164@comcast.net" <
Scaler164@comcast.net> wrote:

Looking for a few good reference photos to use for modeling some CofG
PS2 2-Bay Covered Hoppers from the following series :

* CG 960-999 (blt 1960, Pullman)*
* CG 1000-1199 (blt 195760, Pullman)*
* CG 1475-1499 (blt 1956, Pullman)*

I have found that the S-Helper Service (S scale) model of this car appears
to be an out-of-box *EXACT* (or darn near so) representation of these
cars (based on the only 4 photos I have), so it looks like a quick and easy
job with near perfect results. I already have decals for them, so I'm good
and ready to go.

Click the link below for an image of the model :

www.trainweb.org/seaboard/TEMP/SHSPS2CoveredHopper.jpg

Would like to know what other roads (especially southeastern roads) had
these cars in the same configuration as this CofG car (round hatches,
etc)...?

Who says S scale has nothing to offer?!? >wink<

John Degnan
Scaler164@comcast.net
Scaler187@comcast.net

--