Re: CofG PS-2 2-Bay Covered Hoppers (Revisited)

O Fenton Wells

Todd and Justin thanks for clearing that up and now I'm bummed as I really like the slogan.  Oh well we must be prepared for the prototype police.  So no slogan on the layout.
fenton wells

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Todd Horton <toddchorton@...> wrote:

The "Right Way" wasn't added to freight cars till after Sept 1954, The 50' PS-1's were the first freight cars to carry this lettering.

Todd Horton

From: Justin May <jmay59@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] CofG PS-2 2-Bay Covered Hoppers (Revisited)

By the way, did these first versions come with "The Right Way" slogan or was that added later?

Fenton,
The following series of Central of Georgia two bay covered hoppers were delivered with a monogram only.

1300-1314, built 1940, Pullman Standard
1315-1339, built 1941, GATC
1340-1349, built 1944, ACF
1350-1374, built 1952, ACF
1375-1424, built 1953, Pullman Standard
1425-1474, built 1953, Pullman Standard
1475-1499, built 1956, Pullman Standard

The following series of Central of Georgia two bay covered hoppers were delivered with a monogram and lettered "THE RIGHT WAY".

960-999, built 1960, Pullman Standard
1000-1199, built 1957, Pullman Standard

Justin May

--