Re: CofG PS-2 2-Bay Covered Hoppers (Revisited)

Todd Horton

Larry, It varies depending on what cars you are looking at. The end reporting marks are different. Some had C.of Ga and some used CG. I have never come across a photo of C. of Ga. used on the sides of a car and I have studied the freight cars extensively.

Todd Horton

From: "granpa92@..."
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] CofG PS-2 2-Bay Covered Hoppers (Revisited)

I find it interesting in Justin's photos that the reporting marks on
the side of the cars are C. G. and on the ends they are C. of Ga. Were
all the freight cars of the road lettered that way? Do the Microscale
decals reflect this lettering?

Larry Platt

The following series of Central of Georgia two bay covered hoppers were
delivered with a monogram only.

1300-1314, built 1940, Pullman Standard
1315-1339, built 1941, GATC
1340-1349, built 1944, ACF
1350-1374, built 1952, ACF
1375-1424, built 1953, Pullman Standard
1425-1474, built 1953, Pullman Standard
1475-1499, built 1956, Pullman Standard

The following series of Central of Georgia two bay covered hoppers were
delivered with a monogram and lettered "THE RIGHT WAY".

960-999, built 1960, Pullman Standard
1000-1199, built 1957, Pullman Standard

Justin May