Re: Klasing Hand Brake

bierglaeser@...

Sure!  Look at the B end of the Red Caboose Mather refrigerator car.  The Red Caboose version has a horizontal wheel which protrudes above the roof in  the manner of the Plate A hand brakes.  The one a-comin' is essentially the same hand brake with a vertical wheel.  In the case of the former power is transmitted from the hand wheel by means of bevel gears while in  the latter the power  is transmitted by pinion and gear.

I have been asked not to reveal the manufacturer of the new hand brake.  My understanding is that marketing and distribution issues are not completely resolved.

Gene Green

wearing a broad grin