From: Gary Ray
To: STMFC
Sent: Fri, Dec 27, 2013 8:17 pm
Subject: RE: [STMFC] RE: historical maps

Many county libraries and universities have access to the Sanborn fire maps.  I found that there are maps available for 1919 covering the General Petroleum Corporation and 1926 covering the Central Manufacturing district.  Generally you have to have a library card to access the maps.  Prior to the internet age, I went to UC Berkeley and printed out the needed maps.

Proquest will sell individual maps.  Not sure of the price.  In my research of northern California, maps were often updated and info could be gleaned for a later time period.

Hope this helps,
Gary Ray