Re: 3 3 3 dreadnaught ends

mrprksr <mrprksr@...>

Were these the same cars (kits) that Americas Hobby Center used to advertise in Model Railroader for 99  cents many moons ago.....I would guess the 60's.....Larry Mennie

From: Jeff Pellas
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 1, 2014 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] 3 3 3 dreadnaught ends

When I built the Comet boxcar, I attached styrene strips for the outside bracing and cut the cardstock sides into individual pieces that fit in between the styrene braces. I also cut out the doors and made them thicker by gluing thin strips of wood to their backs while adding other styrene for the upper and lower door tracks. Paint the boxcar before adding the card stock pieces.

Jeff
jppellas@...