Re: intermountain 1958 cu.ft. 2 bay hoppers

Rich C

And also the IM kit version has 135 lines of assembly instruction! But a beautiful kit, I bought 3 of them cheap on eBay.

Rich Christie

On Saturday, January 11, 2014 3:42 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Ed, I thought the consensus was that the Kato models were more like
the GATC clones than actual ACF cars. Several builders built nearly
identical 1958 cft cars.

Tim O'Connor

The two models are based on the same ACF 1,958 cu. ft. 70-ton design, but the InterMountain models come with far better detailing. Among other improvements are wire grabs and locking bars on the IM model, whereas the Kato model is molded plastic. Also, there are differences with the end post arrangement.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins