Re: Reading boxcar series 101000-102999

Eric Neubauer <eaneubauer@...>

They are different because they are on a USRA inspired underframe just like a lot of contemporary NYC all-steel cars were. The best spotting feature for cars like these is the 2x3 rivet pattern on the side sill at the body bolster. No photo, but ends are flat.

Eric N.

Does anyone have a photo of any Reading boxcar in series 101000-102999 they’d be willing to provide me a scan. I’m trying to create a model of one these cars which, at first look, appear to be similar to a PRR x-29 boxcar. Except for the 6” difference in height. There may be other differences as well that I haven’t spotted yet. I have a side shot but no ¾ or end view. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Larry Sexton

Crystal River, FL