Re: P&N Box Car Sale by GC&L Photo Posted

Larry Sexton

Good morning Allen,

It’s been about a year since we communicated, hope all is well with you. I retired June 1, 2013 and am in the midst of writing a book on the relief efforts of American and Canadian civic organizations and church-based groups for Europe in the 1940-1950 period. Requires a lot of research, but it brings me a great deal of satisfaction. The research has been interesting and has lead me to meet all kinds of people in the US and abroad when we went to Great Britain and Europe last summer.

Your email referenced an attached GC&L brochure, but I don’t recall seeing it. Did you ever attach it? I’ve purchased a couple of pieces of period paper regarding the GC&L, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of it about.

My reason for emailing you today is my quest for information on the Reading railroad’s boxcars in series 101000-102999. I realize these boxcars were built by three different companies between 4/30 – 6/30, but I can’t find any info on their roofs I’m hoping you might have a diagram or data sheet that covers them.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Larry Sexton

Crystal River, FL