Re: Cudahy Meat Reefer End Color Question

Tim O'Connor

Which brings to mind a question --

Do scanners all use the same color (e.g. full frequency spectrum) light?

The color question will never be settled, because of course, color only
exists in our heads. (Our brain assigns "hues" to various electromagnetic
wavelengths based on hard-wired genetic programming, which can vary from
one set of genes to another.) But in that context, RGB readings are more
consistent than eyeballs.

:-)

Nelson Moyer wrote:

I also have the Tru Color color swatches in pdf format, but it�s hard to get a match between a color monitor and a book photograph.

   Not true. In Photoshop you can sample the color and get either an RGB or CMYK proportion; you can do the same with a scan from the book. Whether you want to trust the comparison is another matter. The original photo lighting, and the various modifications which may have happened to the file en route from scanner to printed page, are unknowable at this point but can certainly alter the hue and tone of the image.

Tony Thompson