Re: Rapido GATC Meat Reefer Models

Tony Thompson

       I just picked up the Rapido reefers I reserved at my LHS. After reading some of the list messages about broken or detached parts and weights, I was worried, but promptly found that the ones I got have ZERO defects. All are complete and look great. So there is certainly NOT a systematic problem at Rapido's factory with assembly. And the LHS owner, who was there, said she has not had any feedback about problems with these cars, only praise.
       Speaking as someone who has twitted Bill Schneider about the long delay in the arrival of these cars, I do have to say they were worth waiting for. They are excellent models, in my opinion.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history