Re: C&NW freight car brown color

Anspach Denny <danspachmd@...>

Fenton Wells comments-

>I've never used these paints [TCP Tru Color] so maybe this is a good time to
>try. I've got to figure out where to buy them.

These are indeed extremely fine paints; very forgiving, and very familiar to those who used and loved the old Accupaints (TCP purchased the Accupaint business remnants), and are currently essentially the same formulation. The high gloss with its slightly reduced cover is a little off-putting for those of us who have spent a lifetime (YES) with high cover flat paints.

Rick Galazzo at TCP relates that they might be coming out with some flat finishes by this summer.  In the meantime, while husbanding my inventory of Floquil finishes, I am having to figure out how I can be more comfortable in developing routines for managing routine gloss finishes where flat finishes would have done best (sigh!).

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento

Please make note of my new eMail address.