Re: Another request for guidance on paint

John Barry

Fenton,

I would recommend not using lacquer thinner with enamel paints. Stick with mineral spirits.  They should be less expensive and much more compatible.  The lacquer thinner can attack styrene and unless you are priming a plastic model, you can end up with a very squishy blob. I've used Model Master on aircraft for years thinned from a quart of generic mineral spirits.  No problems.  That first Floquil that I didn't know to prime different story.  Live and learn.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights

707-490-9696