UP 155000

Brian Termunde

In need for a box car for Auto service on my 1953 era PNW railway (N Scale), I just purchased a Micro-Trains UP 50 foot box. Link at:

However now that I got it, I look a look at my UP Freight car book to see if I could find any info on it. Well she graces the cover and I can see that she was a one of kind car. Oops, I do not care too much for unique cars. Well I have it, so my question is, even though 155000 was a one of car, it looks to be somewhat close to other UP 50 footers, at least to my untrained (no pun intended) eye. Considering the limited range of accurate steam era freight cars available (especially for auto service), am I at least in the ball park (preferably not out in left field though) with this car?

Basically I'm looking for a car that would be delivering autos to a car dealer in a smaller town in Washington State circa 1953. I had intended to try to look through the archives on both UP 155000 and auto deliveries, but I did not get a chance to do so today, so if it is there, I do intend to look, but any info would still be appreciated!

TIA!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde
Midvale, UT

"My Train of Thought left the station without me!"