Re: UP 155000

Tim O'Connor

The other A-50-14's were in a different number series. The number 155000
was not in use in 1940 or 1950, so it must have been short lived, if in
fact it was ever in revenue service.

Tim O'Connor

Well, the car is one-of-a-kind because it had an Evans loader inside.  But since your model is of a closed car, I�d say that it�s fine.  There were a bunch of A-50-14 cars, but some had end doors, which this model does not.

Regards,

-Jeff

In need for a box car for Auto service on my 1953 era PNW railway (N Scale), I just purchased a Micro-Trains UP 50 foot box. Link at:

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Micro-Trains-N-50-Box-Car-UP-p/mtl-03400350.htm

However now that I got it, I look a look at my UP Freight car book to see if I could find any info on it. Well she graces the cover and I can see that she was a one of kind car. Oops, I do not care too much for unique cars. Well I have it, so my question is, even though 155000 was a one of car, it looks to be somewhat close to other UP 50 footers, at least to my untrained (no pun intended) eye. Considering the limited range of accurate steam era freight cars available (especially for auto service), am I at least in the ball park (preferably not out in left field though) with this car?

Basically I'm looking for a car that would be delivering autos to a car dealer in a smaller town in Washington State circa 1953. I had intended to try to look through the archives on both UP 155000 and auto deliveries, but I did not get a chance to do so today, so if it is there, I do intend to look, but any info would still be appreciated!

TIA!
Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde