Re: Any thoughts on the boxcars visible in this image?

Tim O'Connor

Claus

They are all SP box cars -- in fact I think they are all
Huntington Common Standard box cars. The smaller cars were
34' (I think) and the larger cars were 39'. But without legible
numbers that's my best guess. The Huntington cars are covered in
great detail with lots of photos in the SP Freight Cars Volume 4.

Tim O'Connor

Numbering from left to right, it seems to me that cars 1 and 2 may be
identical except for the doors, and are both SP.
The third car looks to have a pressed steel underframe, and might also be lettered SP
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12238242906/sizes/o/in/photostream/
- Claus Schlund