Re: Rapido Meat Reefers - Brake Reservoir

Tony Thompson

Bill Schneider wrote:

I am quite perplexed about some of the issues that you mention though. The brake reservoir issue does seem to be more common than I would like (an… improvement… that the factory seems to have implemented during production and oddly not universal…) but Ed’s suggested fix seems simple enough.

      I do have one car with a slightly angled reservoir, and Ed's suggestion does not fix it. It appears to me that on my car, the reservoir's support post toward the B end of the car is quite a bit too long. I rotated the reservoir to get at that post and simply clipped it shorter, then re-cemented. Problem solved.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history