Re: Rapido Meat Reefers

Tony Thompson

      No one has mentioned it yet, and I don't see it as a terrible problem, but the side door latch bars on my Rapido cars must have oversize locating pins, because they are not pressed in all the way to be flush with the sides. Most viewing angles won't reveal this, but if you look right along the car side, you can see that the latch bar is far from straight, in fact curiously wavy compared to the prototype. Are others seeing this too?

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history