From: John Barry
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 1:18 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Shipyard loads

I am modeling Richmond CA circa 1944.  The Kaiser yards were prominent industries served by the ATSF and SP. They received most of the boilers from Babcock & Wilcox but also from several other sources.  The majority of Richmond installed engines came from the Joshua Hendy works in Sunnyvale served by the SP.  The engines and boilers were unique loads shipped in open cars, does anyone have photos of such a load?   The steel plates are easier to find.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights

707-490-9696