From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tony
Thompson
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 6:15 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Shipyard loads

Larry Sexton wrote:

I've never seen these boilers transported on railcars, and while I've look
hard for such a photo, that doesn't mean one doesn't exist. You could check
with the old hand at Foster Wheeler, Combustion Engineering and Babcock &
Wilcox to determine if the boilers were ever shipped by rail. Good luck.

As I said, Larry, look at p.364 in my Volume 5 on SP freight cars.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com

Publishers of books on railroad history