Re: MANY Boxcars

Richard Hendrickson

On Feb 8, 2014, at 5:46 PM, fgexbill@... wrote:

According to Al Westerfield N&B and Hannibal Connecting purchased their cars from Universal Portland Cement that began selling their cars in 1932 with 150 going to N&B. By 1935-36 Al says NB acquired 67 more and HC 65 cars. UPC retained ten cars rebuilding them w/roof hatches and hoppers. This info is from his kit #2952 resumably still available under new ownership.
Bill is correct, and my memory was faulty.  The cars were purchased for cement service, which is what N&B used them for, but they were originally bought from AC&F by Universal, and (had I looked in my photo collection) I even have builder’s shots of the UPCX cars.

Richard Hendrickson