Re: Barriger Photo Collection

Tony Thompson

BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:

Two things I see wrong with this statement:
1. The files are readily downloaded from Flicker. If they weren¹t meant to
be, the owner could have disabled that feature.
2. Anyone can take a screenshot and crop to suit.

If you really don¹t want them to be used, either don¹t post them, or put a
really obnoxious watermark on them.

      You may be right in a practical sense, Brian, but legally you are far out to sea. "Downloadable" did not and does not mean "public domain." Rights have to be granted. I don't recommend anyone challenging these rules.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history