From: STMFC@...
Sent: 2/12/2014 9:27 pm
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] RE: Before Cardboard Appliance Containers

Bob,Yes, the B&O box car is a class M-26D, the lettering for the class is visible through the windshield, in its as-built appearance. Some orders of M-26D were delivered with Youngstown doors. Notice the chalk marks on the sides. An interesting photo.I seem to recall that appliances and similarly sized objects were shipped in "crates" into the 1960s. Some items still are shipped in crates.Bob Witt