Re: Need TAG boxcar info

Norm Buckhart

well I don’t know - can’t get into my backup for the web catalog  I think somewhere around $15 - so let’s figure on that

On Feb 13, 2014, at 2:50 PM, Bruce F. Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Jim,

As I understand it, the TAG cars were in fact former DT&I cars which were nearly identical to the PRR X32, but were not PRR cars.  This is confirmed by RP CYC 23, which has a photo of TAG 7004.  As best I can tell, none of the DT&I (and therefore the TAG) cars had end doors like the PRR X33.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: STMFC@... [STMFC@...] on behalf of O Fenton Wells [srrfan1401@...]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:28 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Need TAG boxcar info

Jim, These were covered in Model railroading or Railroad Modeler back in the early 90's I think.  I think I have some info on them but I will have to find it.
Fenton

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM, SMMW <jimking3@...> wrote:

TAG ran a small group of ex-PRR 50 foot, double door, round roof boxcars painted in their classic bright blue with black roof and yellow lettering.  Were any of these equipped with end doors (PRR had 300 of those) on the “A” end or were they all solid ends?

Jim King

Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.

Cell (828) 777-5619

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

South-Atlantic Region representative for BJB Products

RTV Silicone moldmaking and urethane casting materials.

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com/Urethane_Casting_Materials.html

--
Fenton Wells
5 Newberry Lane