Re: Need TAG boxcar info

Donald Ford <ford.donald77@...>

Jim
These 30 cars came from the DT&I the two (2) photos I have one shows the A end clearly does not have a end door #7020 the other photo is side view and does not have the heavy corner of a end door
Don Ford C
ameron MO

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:57 PM, Eric Neubauer wrote:

USRE lot 430 1964 at Blue Island, TAG 7000-7029, built 10,12-37. There is a rebuilder's photo of available in "Evans Products Builders Photos" if you can't come up with one elsewhere. Side view, black & white. Roof is darker than side and eaves.

Eric N.
Jim,

As I understand it, the TAG cars were in fact former DT&I cars which were nearly identical to the PRR X32, but were not PRR cars.  This is confirmed by RP CYC 23, which has a photo of TAG 7004.  As best I can tell, none of the DT&I (and therefore the TAG) cars had end doors like the PRR X33.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

Jim, These were covered in Model railroading or Railroad Modeler back in the early 90's I think.  I think I have some info on them but I will have to find it.
Fenton

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM, SMMW <jimking3@...> wrote:

TAG ran a small group of ex-PRR 50 foot, double door, round roof boxcars painted in their classic bright blue with black roof and yellow lettering.  Were any of these equipped with end doors (PRR had 300 of those) on the “A” end or were they all solid ends?

Jim King
Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.

South-Atlantic Region representative for BJB Products
RTV Silicone moldmaking and urethane casting materials.

--
Fenton Wells
5 Newberry Lane