Need TAG boxcar info; now N&W round roof box question

Jim King

Thanks to all who replied to my TAG question.  I was always curious as to the heritage of TAG, DT&I, OP&E and NP round roof boxes.  Even the Ashley, Drew & Northern ran some 40-foot double door round roof boxes.  These appear to be of PRR design with the rows of widely spaced rivets running parallel to panel seams.

What happened to the N&W 40- and 50-foot round roof boxes?  Scrapped?

Jim King

Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.

Cell (828) 777-5619

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

South-Atlantic Region representative for BJB Products

RTV Silicone moldmaking and urethane casting materials.

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com/Urethane_Casting_Materials.html