Working with dry transfer decals.

Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...>

I am about to apply  relatively large HO multicolor dry transfer heralds onto the sides of a restored filled-and-finished Ambroid/Northeastern wood-sheathed express reefer.  I have a lot of experience working with and successfully decaling wood models, but no experience at all in applying dry transfers in the same circumstance.  With standard water slide decals, I work with them with various decal setting solutions to get them settled into wood siding seams, ending with slicing the decal at each seam before the final application of solution (usually Walthers).

A big question:  can decal setting solution be used on dry transfers to get them to settle into seams?

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento, CA

Please note my new eMail address.