From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Denny Anspach
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2014 10:18 PM
To: STMFC List
Subject: [STMFC] Working with dry transfer decals.

I am about to apply relatively large HO multicolor dry transfer heralds
onto the sides of a restored filled-and-finished Ambroid/Northeastern
wood-sheathed express reefer. I have a lot of experience working with and
successfully decaling wood models, but no experience at all in applying dry
transfers in the same circumstance. With standard water slide decals, I
work with them with various decal setting solutions to get them settled into
wood siding seams, ending with slicing the decal at each seam before the
final application of solution (usually Walthers).

A big question: can decal setting solution be used on dry transfers to get
them to settle into seams?

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD

Sacramento, CA