Re: Working with dry transfer decals.

ronald parisi

Denny:

I only use Dry transfers (INT's) and do 'settle' them down with decal setting solutions.
Then I use Dullcote sprayed over them for permanence and to take weathering chalks better.
A note on wood models - I do a large area (usually to edges as I noticed that if I only did the area around the INT it had a different 'texture' and showed - that was with the flat paints I use.
I promised and haven't delivered to explain how I hold the INT down with Scotch frosted tape.
With that method the INT doesn't move especially important for multi color circumstances.

Ron Parisi

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...> wrote:

I am about to apply  relatively large HO multicolor dry transfer heralds onto the sides of a restored filled-and-finished Ambroid/Northeastern wood-sheathed express reefer.  I have a lot of experience working with and successfully decaling wood models, but no experience at all in applying dry transfers in the same circumstance.  With standard water slide decals, I work with them with various decal setting solutions to get them settled into wood siding seams, ending with slicing the decal at each seam before the final application of solution (usually Walthers).

A big question:  can decal setting solution be used on dry transfers to get them to settle into seams?

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento, CA

Please note my new eMail address.