Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Re: Sunshine resale values.. (UNCLASSIFIED)

devansprr

Elden,

Considering how few new mass production pre-war models have been released in the past few years, compared to so many post-war STMFC and modern era cars, some of us are quite happy with Lee's priorities.

Only 6 newly tooled, high volume production, pre-WWII cars have hit the market in the last 3 years that I can recall - the Fox Valley, Tangent, and IM B&O M53's, the IM offset hopper, the Rapido reefer, the Bowser H30, the Tangent 52'6" Bethlehem Gon, and sort-of on BLI's NYC box car (came with post-war details/roof?). In retrospect, actually a pretty good result for WWII modelers, although I think the NYC box was by far the biggest fleet, and it showed up configured post-war. Sigh...

(I think I spotted 2 more in the previous 2 years - the IM War emergency boxcar and the Accurail 41' gon.)

Many manufacturers seem to be working the post war fleet hard, yet everyone in this group can use the 8 pre-war cars above, so I hope no one is discouraging Lee from focusing on pre-war cars. There are some pretty significant pre-war fleets that are still only available in resin, and being significant fleets, building a bunch of resin kits for an adequate representation can be pretty time consuming.

BTW, I did notice the the B&O class W-2 quad offset hopper showed up in BLI's latest YouTube "sneak peek at the 2014 catalog" video.

Dave Evans

---In STMFC@..., <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Tim;
We actually have a working (and relatively recent) relationship now with Bowser; he just has his own list of projects he wants to do, and it appears they are all currently pre-war. We will continue to work to expand that list, which in the case of other producers, is actually working backwards (older and older classes).

Elden Gatwood