Re: F&C NH GA-2 Gon

Donald Ford <ford.donald77@...>

Group
I use the PSC valve but leave it on the spur give it a little twist and drill it #80 and when ready to install then remove it  just did a bunch for PRR N5 and N5b cabins (two per car)
Don Ford
Cameron MO

On Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:41 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

Precision Scale makes just retaining valves in plastic HO-31796) and brass(ho-3263).  They are still hard to hold , I think my basement floor has a dozen just sitting around waiting to be found,  I do have fat fingers however.
Fenton Wells

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 6:40 PM, Carl Gustafson <cgustafs@...> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 10:47:25PM -0500, Brian Carlson wrote:
> And has anyone have tips for drilling a whole in the bottom of the Tichy
> retaining valve the darn piece is so small and oddly shaped I can't hold it?

I suppose you could try taping it to a piece of wood, glass or metal, putting the right size piece of
wire against it, and heating that with a soldering iron. Melt a hole rather than drilling. I've never
tried that, but it might be more effective than drilling.

My problem with them is that I launch them off into the aether, and can't find them again...

If someone sold a package of just the retaining valves, I buy a bunch.

Carl Gustafson

--
Fenton Wells
5 Newberry Lane