From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of fgexbill@...
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:21 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] 3D Scanning

I have told manufacturers at the various modeling events about this technology and their eyes appear to glaze over. Then someone mentioned that Rapido had used it on one of their locomotive projects so I wrote Bill Schneider about this and indeed they have. Here is a link to a video on their blog but you need to scroll down: http://www.rapidotrains.com/blog/page/2/

This seems the ideal solution for a freight car when there are no drawings but but examples are around in museums.

Bill Welch