Re: reverse engineering or copying?

kruegerp@...

I would think that a company that wants to produce a model of something made by another company in a different scale would be better off purchasing the other company's data and working from that. As far as 3d scanning and printing goes, I see Staples now sells a system - links provided below. It seems like it is only a matter of time before something useful for scale model building hits the market. Paul Krueger Seattle, WA http://m.staples.com/touch/product.html?#399204 http://m.staples.com/touch/class.html?#CL205651