Re: nice shot of D&RGW 63786 - a 40ft double sheathed boxcar

Eric Neubauer <eaneubauer@...>

That's the problem with errors. Not only are they annoying, they also seem to be inevitable. In our area, the author is often the only person qualified to do a thorough fact check, but unfortunately checking one's own work is not the best policy. In one of my books, there are thousands of opportunities to make a simple error, and it's hard not to blink once in a while.

Eric

On Mar 21, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Eric Neubauer <eaneubauer@...> wrote:

The car thinks it was built in 3-13. :-) I believe it is correct. Sample car done in 12-12. SSC builder.

Thanks for the correction, Eric.  I’m not sure where I got the 1909 date, but - unfortunately - it’s in the caption in my book.  It’s one of the hazards of being an author; no matter how hard you try to get it right, errors creep in, and then they’re in print forever.

Richard Hendrickson