Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] HO Code 88 Wheels

Paul, you've got that right -- scale width is .063 and is almost guaranteed to
misbehave on switch frogs. NWSL sells what they call Proto:HO which has .063 treads
but "RP25" flanges and back-to-back distance. They also have Proto:87 wheels with
.063 treads but true-scale flanges, and those will definitely not run through
normal HO switches. NWSL used to make wheels with .072 treads and "RP25" flanges.
I had those on a car that ran on a club layout for years, and it never derailed
even once!

Tim O'Connor