Cutting Tweezers - Re: Re: MODELING TOOLS - SHEARS

qmp211

The PBL style sprue cutter is a cutting tweezer. Several Swiss companies still make cutting tweezers. Most all are made to trim soft wire - gold, silver, copper and brass of very small diameter. They are not designed to cut soldered wire joints or any other metal and remain useful.

Most all tweezer patterns are available in carbon steel and stainless steel. In my experience stainless tweezers do last longer but are usually far more expensive. Xuron cutters are my choice for cutting all wire, hard or soft.

Here is a Swiss made cutting tweezer that might work for plastic sprue cutting.
http://www.amazonsupply.com/erem-carbon-cutting-tweezer-overall/dp/B004UN8G8Q

There are others including those stainless steel versions for $100.

Randy Danniel