From: STMFC
To: STMFC
Sent: Mon, Mar 31, 2014 11:49 am
Subject: [STMFC] Digest Number 8627

4b. Re: Atlas N-scale UP PS1 boxcar
    Posted by: "Benjamin Hom" b.hom@... benjaminfrank_hom
    Date: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:09 am ((PDT))

Martin Skrzetuszewski�asked:
"I cannot find the answer to this online so far. Is the recent Atlas 40-foot PS1
boxcar with 8@ door correct for Union Pacific?

http://www.atlasrr.com/NFreight/n40ps1boxcar2.htm

The Atlas picture shows a build date of 4-37, which is too old for a PS1. It
looks a nice model but is expensive, so I cannot afford to buy, regret and try
to resell it."

The answer is online at
http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/PullmanStandard40ftPS1boxcars.xls
in the PS-1 spreadsheet compiled by Ed Hawkins.

This model is closest to UP 126000-126274.� You're correct that Atlas botched
the built date - it should be 9-57.

Prototype photo:
Model Railroading, July 1988.
http://www.trainlife.com/magazines/pages/322/24007/july-1988-page-33