Re: Vendome Tank Car Company

FRANK PEACOCK

Bill, I'm not sure if you got your answer about the VENX tank car yet but it seems that they were a tank car leasing company, no more no less.  Seems to me that you could letter it VENX and have the car on your diorama with no problem.  The home points were, as you know, in Texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma. FHP (Frank H. Peacock)

To: STMFC@...
From: fgexbill@...
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:02:41 -0400
Subject: [STMFC] Vendome Tank Car Company

I am trying to make a decision about how to decal one of my Southern Car & Foundry's Standard Steel Car model. One option is a car for the Vendome Tank Car Company based in Oklahoma. I assume  this company served that states oil companies, something I know very little about. Can someone offer some wisdom in terms of where these cars cars would have been making deliveries? Thank you.

Bill Welch
2225 Nursery Road; #20-104
Clearwater, FL 33764-7622
727.470.9930