From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
espeefan@aceweb.com
Sent: Saturday, April 5, 2014 10:27 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] HO Barber 70 Ton Trucks

After a wait of several years, I am offering the Red Caboose 70 Ton truck to
the group at $3.90/pair without wheel sets. Postage will be added and for
Paypay, their extra fees will be added.

These trucks were originally done for the RC SP F-70-7 flatcar and other SP
cars used these trucks also, although spring packs varied on some. As
Richard Hendrickson noted:"the Barber S-2 was one of the two truck designs
that were widely used from the end of WW II through the '50s (the other
being the ASF A-3), so the 70 ton Barber S-2 was applied to many cars built
for many different railroads, chiefly (but not exclusively) flat cars, mill
gondolas, large hoppers, and covered hoppers. Later in the '50s, they were
also applied to a growing number of 70 ton box, auto, insulated box, and
mechanical refrigerator cars.
.If you are interested or have questions, contact me OFF LIST at
<espeefan@...>. Thanks.

Dan Smith