From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Aley, Jeff A
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 2:53 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] GATX tank cars

Gang,

               A UP freight conductor’s book shows the following GATX tank cars carrying phosphorous from Idaho to Kansas (and returning to Idaho filled with water).  The year is 1955.  How can I find out more info about these cars (so that they can be modeled)?  The back of the ACF book shows that in the 1970’s phosphorous could be shipped in ICC-103 cars.  Should I therefore assume that these are plain Type 21 or Type 27 cars?  How would I find out the gallonage (I just now realize that I have not checked the ORER)?

Thanks for any help or pointers you can give.

GATX

32470

GATX

32480