Re: Pennsy N6B Wood Caboose color

mrprksr <mrprksr@...>

I always get a kick out of these proto color discussions....I put 42 years as a conductor on PRR thru NS.....I've seen the cabin tracks at Enola, Pa and Meadows, NJ with many cabin cars on them....I started when crews had assigned cabins.....and you would be hard pressed to see 2 cabins in the exact same hue......Tuscan passenger cars were the same thing....I would attend a PRRT&HS annual meetings and here the "experts" say a car was the wrong color and then watch movies that night of trains going around horseshoe curve and any shade of tuscan you wanted was there,.....Enjoy the hobby....it's suppose to be fun....Don't take yourselves too seriously.....Lar

From: Paul Hillman
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Pennsy N6B Wood Caboose color

Jim, No you can't, but Bruce Smith's, etc. description of the Pennsy FCC 1940 color being a more reddish/orange color seems to be a close rendition of the artist's.

I just think that it's a nice faded-color rendering and seems to follow the FCC 1940 description. Photos are color deceptive also.

Paul Hillman