Re: Railroads and the Auto Industry: A Research Question

Gary Roe

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim O'Connor

Dave, I lived in Texas, Calif, and NJ during the 1950's. I
do not know of any major auto assembly plant in Texas during
that era.

Tim,

Unfortunately, I currently live in Texas. A friend at work told me his Dad worked at a Ford assembly plant in Dallas. I don't believe it was a "major" plant tho, as it shut down in the mid 50's as I recall the story. However, GM built a major auto assembly plant in Arlington in the early to mid 50's. It was served exclusively by the Texas Pacific/Missouri Pacific.

gary