Libby Pickle Vat Cars?

reporterllc

I'd do a search but am still trying to figure out the new format here. Anyway, a pickle processing and pick-up station at Foraker, Indiana (pronounced Foraker) was located on the Wabash Fourth District. Processed pickles were shipped in vat cars to the Libby Plant in St. Louis as late at 1953. Anyone have a photo or a good idea of what the cars shipped btw these points looked like? A conductor friend in in my book, Railroading on the Wabash Fourth District, recalled the vats made of wood.

Click on the blog link on my website at http://www.erstwhilepublications.com/ on the home page and scroll to the bottom of the blog page for photos and information on the processing plant in the steam era at Foraker.

Victor Baird

Erstwhile Publications

Fort Wayne, Indiana

www.erstwhilepublications.com/