From: Tony Thompson
To: STMFC
Sent: Sat, Apr 26, 2014 6:16 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Standard Railway Equipment or SRE

Bill Welch wrote:

I just tried to Google "standard railway equipment" to see if there was any history or if they are still in business. One Missouri resource mentioned it as inactive. I remember seeing a SRE builder's plate on a jetway which struck me as making perfect sense. Does anyone know when the company went out of business and some of their history?

    Bill in the early 1960s, SRE Co. became a division of Stanray. Stanray diversified into a LOT of different products. and the SRE Division became a small part. Try Googling "Stanray."

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, t ony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history