Re: Scientific nomenclature

Michael Watnoski

The sheet metal type is a 'Carmer cut lever'. I believe the technical term is 'pin lifter'.


On 5/4/2014 11:35 AM, Andrew Miller wrote:

I believe it is called a "cut lever". I always hear of one variety common
on the PRR in the 30s as a "Carmen cut lever".


Andy Miller

From: [] On Behalf Of
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2014 10:07 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Scientific nomenclature

Does the lever (top or bottom mount) that allows/opens the coupler knuckle
have a real railroad engineering type name?

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa


Yahoo Groups Links

Join to automatically receive all group messages.