Re: erie 82582 Branchline 40' AAR boxcar kit 6' door, delivery scheme

Robert kirkham

Thanks for these references Schuyler. This and the photos passed on by Richard will help bring the model together.   As I model 1946, the small diamond on this model will be fine I expect.

Rob Kirkham

Sent: Sunday, May 4, 2014 10:16 AM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: erie 82582 Branchline 40' AAR boxcar kit 6' door, delivery scheme

Nuts, I should have added that there is a diagram book in the Erie/EL/DL&W section that can define the group of cars you’re dealing with.

Schuyler

Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2014 12:31 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: erie 82582 Branchline 40' AAR boxcar kit 6' door, delivery scheme

Thanks Clark,

Its confusing as the kit contains a narrow set of black ladders (i.e. for ends) and two sets of brown ladders – narrow and wide - (for the sides).  Also, the wide ladders are 7 rung instead of 8, so using wide would result in rungs on the side ladders not lining up with those on the end ladders.   I couldn’t find a prototype photo of this series.

Rob

Sent: Sunday, May 4, 2014 6:12 AM

To: STMFC@...

Subject: [STMFC] Re: erie 82582 Branchline 40' AAR boxcar kit 6' door, delivery scheme

We’ve always used the wider ladders on the sides and the narrower ones on the ends.

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.