Re: Decal Problems

Craig Bisgeier

FWIW, I have always used blue-backing BEL decal paper in my ALPS and I have printed decals that are close to 10 years old that still float off and snuggle down nicely.  Really thin film too, when applied properly they completely disappear into the gloss finish. Occasionally with the oldest decals I get a crack or two when sliding them off the paper but usually it's no big deal. I suppose that may get worse as they get older but heck, where would I be without them in the first place?

I bet the Tango Papa paper is also great, but I have no experience with it.

Craig Bisgeier
Clifton, NJ

Visit the Housatonic Model Railroad website at:

The programmer's wife tells him, "Go to the store and get a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen."  The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.