Re: Bev-Bel

Dave Owens

BevBel was in Cresskill, N.J. They were a distributor and I bought from them when I had my shop in the mid 1990s. Irv and Bev were elderly and closed the business down.

Nice people.

Dave Owens

On May 13, 2014, at 10:15 AM, "cepropst@q.com [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Last night I happened to remember the Bev-Bel company. They used to put a lot of paint schemes on Athearn cars. I remember a guy at a popular Twin Cities swap meet having a half dozen tables of their offerings. Then one day they were gone...

I know there are guys on this list with extensive knowledge of freight car manufacturers. Can anyone fill me in on the history of this company?
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa