Re: Speaking of Departed companies : TrainMinatures

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

I have to admit, I was a big fan of the T-M cars. They were something different from the usual Athearn and Roundhouse boxcars. I probably owned over 100 of them at some point, boxcars especially, but also the reefers, stock cars, and even a few flats. Then they all went away when I began building better quality cars with real prototypes. Most anyway. I admit to still having one of the double-sheathed boxcars lettered for one of my fictional roads, and a converted wooden insulated boxcar lettered for the FDD&S. They are cars that I can haul out for guests to play with. If they break them, no great loss.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 5/13/14 1:22 PM, gary laakso vasa0vasa@... [STMFC] wrote:
The double sheathed boxcar that TrainMinatures produced seemed to �based� on the Western Pacific rebuilt Dreadnaught end boxcars in the 16001-18500 series. I, of course, bought 10 of them with Great Northern full face heralds.
One was rebuilt as a truss rod GN boxcar per the article in Prototype Modeler.circa 1986? I still have it.
As I recall, the double sheathed boxcar was used by TM as the basis for stock cars. They also produced a single sheathed boxcar.
Anyone recall back ground on this company?

gary laakso
south of Mike Brock